Autonomy is defined as self-directing freedom and especially moral independence by Merriam Webster. For that, there are 5 big reasons autonomy is important for your team.
Today, as organizations move closer to leading with leadership like guidance and further away from the dictatorial management ideology; autonomy is an important piece of that movement.
Management is often looked like the boss who is always looking over your shoulder and correcting your actions as you mess up.
On the other hand, leadership is the side of the coin and could be viewed as coaching after the action is done. To let the individual learn and decide their actions on their own and to learn from them.
FIVE BIG REASONS
1. It promotes employee growth, both internal and external.
2. It increases productivity in the workplace.
3. It allows leaders and managers to focus on the important things.
4. As employee confidence grows, employee value will increase.
5. It will increase employee retention.
In conclusion, autonomy is very important for your workers and the growth of your company.
Here’s what I am reading: